Design Real Time Chat Application
Algorithms and Data Structures: TheAlgorist.com
System Design: DistributedComputing.dev
Low Level Design: LowLevelDesign.io
Frontend Engineering: FrontendEngineering.io
Features / Functionalities (Functional Requirements):In this chapter we will be discussing in-depth some of the most critical core features of a realtime chat app:
- Sending chats to the users in realtime
- 1:1 chat
- Group chat
- Support media attachment like images and videos.
- Push Notification
Advanced Features:Below are some of the advanced features that we will be looking at in details:
- End-to-End Encryption: All messages should be end-to-end encrypted.
- Online Presence: Showing if a user is currently online or not.
Supporting multiple devices:
(1) web apps accessed through web browsers installed in WindowsOS, Linux OS, Mac OS) and (2) mobile apps
installed in Andriod and iOS devices.
Users should be able to log into their account from multiple devices at the same time and get same experiences from all the active logged in devices.
This is a Premium content.
Please subscribe to System Design course to access the content.
Senior SDE | Chief Architect
Microsoft | University of Florida
If you have any feedback, please use this form: https://thealgorists.com/Feedback.